Family Services - Case Manager
Around the world the Good Shepherd network is working to create just and equal communities where women and girls can live full, safe lives. We have been committed to our mission for nearly 200 years, working strongly for social change. All of our services are informed by the latest evidence and research and adopt a best practice approach. We are committed to continuous improvement, innovation and delivering measurable outcomes.
Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand [GSANZ] is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to staff wellbeing. We offer a supportive work environment, ongoing professional development for staff and a competitive remuneration package. We encourage flexible working arrangements and provide access to salary packaging.
About the role
The Family Services Case Manager will work within the St Albans based Integrated Family Services (IFS) team. The team assists and supports parents to develop, maintain and strengthen the safety, stability, development and wellbeing of their children and family.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work or similar level qualification in a human services discipline such as Psychology
- Demonstrated skills in casework and group work with families who may have complex needs
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant DHHS policy and practice frameworks and legislation
- Demonstrated experience in preparing written reports, maintaining records, including case notes and IRIS data base reporting
- Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally sensitive way with people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities and Aboriginal families
- Demonstrated understanding of social justice principles and community capacity building, and an ability to contribute to the mission and spirit of the agency
- A satisfactory Police Check
- A current Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
To find out more about the role and the work of Good Shepherd please explore our website:
How to apply
To apply please review the attached position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to email@example.com. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.
We recognise the rich diversity of people across Australia. We are committed to ensuring that our team is reflective of the diverse community we serve and to supporting a culture of equity, inclusion and diversity.
Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand is a Child Safe employer. Employment is subject to satisfactory referee checks, a current employment working with Children Check, National Criminal History check and proof of the right to work in Australia.