Financial Counsellor Locum
- Part time 0.4 EFT
- Casual position
- Morewell (flexible)
Around the world the Good Shepherd network is working to create just and equal communities where women and girls can live full, safe lives. We have been committed to our mission for nearly 200 years, working strongly for social change. All of our services are informed by the latest evidence and research and adopt a best practice approach. We are committed to continuous improvement, innovation and delivering measurable outcomes.
Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand [GSANZ] is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to staff wellbeing. We offer a supportive work environment, ongoing professional development for staff and a competitive remuneration package. We encourage flexible working arrangements and provide access to salary packaging.
About the role
This role will provide intensive support and in-depth phone and/or face to face assessment of a person’s financial situation, short term case work, advocacy and the identification of options to address financial concerns. Financial counsellors may undertake a triage process, prioritising and referring clients to other sources of support and assistance as necessary and can provide consultation to other services, and are responsible to maintain timely and accurate file records. The postholder will be expected to maintain effective networks and partnerships.
This role will provide financial counselling support and referral to people who are vulnerable, in debt and/ or struggling to pay their bills and will require some travel across sites.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Qualification in the Diploma of Financial Counselling, with current membership of the Financial Counsellors Association of Victoria or equivalent peak body.
- Demonstrated experience working as a financial counsellor, including through the provision of a phone-based service. Financial Counsellors Australia accredited.
- An effective understanding of financial disadvantage and exclusion in Australia and its impacts.
- Experience and understanding of contemporary practice in casework, referral and advocacy with clients, including an empowerment approach to case work.
- Ability to establish rapport with customers from diverse backgrounds and with complex needs to provide respectful, effective and high-quality customer service
- Demonstrated capacity to establish and maintain effective networks and partnerships to support successful client outcomes
- A satisfactory Police Check
- A current Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
To find out more about the role and the work of Good Shepherd please explore our website: www.goodshepherd.com.au.
How to apply
To apply please review the attached position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to email@example.com. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.
We recognise the rich diversity of people across Australia. We are committed to ensuring that our team is reflective of the diverse community we serve and to supporting a culture of equity, inclusion and diversity.
Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand is a Child Safe employer. Employment is subject to satisfactory referee checks, a current employment working with Children Check, National Criminal History check and proof of the right to work in Australia.