Family Services Case Manager PuP - St Albans
- 0.8 EFT
- 2 year fixed-term contract
- Excellent salary + super + salary packaging
- St Albans location
Around the world the Good Shepherd network is working to create just and equal communities where women and girls can live full, safe lives. We have been committed to our mission for nearly 200 years, working strongly for social change. All of our services are informed by the latest evidence and research and adopt a best practice approach. We are committed to continuous improvement, innovation and delivering measurable outcomes.
Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to staff wellbeing. We offer a supportive work environment, ongoing professional development for staff and a competitive remuneration package. We encourage flexible working arrangements and provide access to salary packaging.
About the role
The Parents Under Pressure (PuP) program combines psychological principles relating to parenting, child behaviour and parental emotion regulation within a case management model. The aim of the PuP program is to help parents facing adversity develop positive and secure relationships with their children.
We require highly skilled and experienced Case Managers who will use a range of therapeutic skills gained from extensive experience to support your clients. You will provide support and guidance to families, children and young people within the strength-based approach to develop a family environment that is nurturing, less conflictual and where child behaviour problems can be managed in a calm non-punitive manner.
This role will have a focus on engaging with fathers wherever possible, this will require flexible working hours that may include some after hours and/or weekends, to ensure that a fathers’ support needs can be accommodated and tailored to meet the family’s needs (penalty rates apply
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, or welfare studies
- Demonstrated experience in case management and casework, including the ability to conduct ongoing assessments and make recommendations on service response to develop parenting capacity
- Demonstrated experience in working with fathers to assist them in their parenting role
- Demonstrated experience working from a competency/strengths-based solution focused framework with families and individuals presenting with complex needs and behaviours (e.g. substance abuse, mental health, parenting issues, disability, relationship issues) and/or from CALD backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating parenting programs and/or group work with fathers, children, young people and families
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of working within the ‘Best Interest Case Practice Model’
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills, including interviewing and counselling skills
To find out more about the role and the work of Good Shepherd please explore our website: www.goodshepherd.com.au.
How to apply
To apply please review the attached position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications will be considered as they are received.
We recognise the rich diversity of people across Australia. We are committed to ensuring that our team is reflective of the diverse community we serve and to supporting a culture of equity, inclusion and diversity.
Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand is a Child Safe employer. Employment is subject to satisfactory referee checks, a current employment working with Children Check, National Criminal History check and proof of the right to work in Australia.