Graduates and students
Good Shepherd welcomes students and recognises the importance of student placements to the future of the social and community sector.
Due to the high number of enquiries we receive, the critical and private nature of much of the work undertaken by our staff and the limited time available to staff for supervision of students, our preference generally (but not exclusively) is to offer placements to:
- Students studying a Bachelor degree
- Financial counselling students studying a Diploma
- Students enrolled in social work, community development, counselling courses
- Students from a tertiary institution with an established relationship with Good Shepherd (Victoria University, Australian Catholic University or RMIT)
While applications for student placements are considered on an individual basis based on personal competencies and relevant experience, the availability of placement opportunities ultimately depends on the needs of our programs.
So we can best assess your suitability for placement please provide a resume with the following information:
- Personal contact details including your daytime contact number
- Current study details
- Work history showing dates, employers, job titles, responsibilities, if any
Community involvements and relevant interests, if any. All student placement candidates are required to hold a current Working With Children Card and undergo a Police Check.
Enquiries and applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.