Financial Independence Hub
The Financial Independence Hub provides a range of services and support programs specifically developed to help anyone who has experienced financial abuse to build their financial independence. The Financial Independence Hub is a program delivered by Good Shepherd and a proud partner of the Commonwealth Bank Next Chapter program.
What is the Financial Independence Hub?
The Financial Independence Hub is designed to help anyone who has previously experienced financial abuse as a result of domestic and family violence to build their financial independence. It has been developed in partnership with people who have a lived experience of domestic and family violence and offers targeted support to address their individual needs. The Financial Independence Hub brings together a range of support services, including:
- A personalised coaching program to help build financial independence through setting and working towards a goal
- A relationship coordinator who will assist with booking and planning a course of action
- Assistance to contact and understand other services, such as Centrelink and legal services
- Access to an interest and charge free loan if it will assist with building financial independence.
Am I eligible for the Financial Independence Hub?
The Financial Independence Hub is for people who have previously experienced financial abuse as a result of domestic and family violence (including financial abuse), who are no longer in crisis, and are looking to build their financial independence. You may be eligible if:
- You have previously experienced financial abuse as a result of domestic and family violence
- You are not currently in crisis or in a domestic and family violence situation
- You are over 18 years of age and a resident of Australia
You do not need to be a customer of Commonwealth Bank to access the Financial Independence Hub.
How can the Financial Independence Hub help me?
We will support you to improve your financial situation, through access to any services and programs available in the Hub. There are no costs or charges to use these services or programs, which are confidential and personalised. We will be on hand to answer questions about your financial independence and progress.
How can l get started?
Our operating hours are 9am to 5pm AEST, so call us on 1300 050 150 or email us at FIH@goodshep.org.au.