Financial Independence Hub Coordinator
- Exciting new program
- SCHCADS Level 4 $71,353 per annum + super. Salary packaging
- Ongoing, full-time
- Melbourne CBD (work from home during Covid)
In this exciting, newly created role, you will be the key point of contact for participants and stakeholders involved in the Program. You will be working directly with participants who will be in the post crisis or recovery stage, to support them to rebuild and focus on their future financial goals. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Day to day triage, intake and assessment of people entering the service
- Conducting assessments to understand needs and identify suitable referral pathways
- Conducting follow ups with participants as per the roadmap, and assisting participants to access other services where appropriate i.e. employment services
- Providing the Team Leader or Program Manager insights for continuous improvement of the program
You will have the following qualifications, experience and capability:
- A tertiary qualification or relevant work experience in Social Work, Community Development, Community Services, Financial Capability, Financial Counselling or an equivalent field
- Experience and understanding of the domestic violence landscape will be highly regarded
- Experience and understanding of financial abuse
- Ability to implement trauma informed approaches to practice
- Interest in making a difference in the community and working within family violence or family services
- A background working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- An understanding of tax and superannuation, budgets, loans and credit options or investments will be highly regarded
- A satisfactory Police Check
- A current Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
Why Good Shepherd?
At Good Shepherd, each member of our team is valued, we strive to support people to grow both personally and professionally. We offer generous conditions and flexible working hours to support employees to balance their personal and work life.
• Salary packaging (which can add up to $15,900 in tax-free pay per year)
• Paid study leave
• Paid parental leave
• Gifted leave at Christmas and Easter
• Additional purchased annual leave
• Flexible work hours/working from home where possible
• Long service leave due after 10 years, with access after seven
• Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service
How to apply
To apply please review the attached position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to email@example.com. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.
In line with the Government's COVID-19 health and safety requirements, all of Good Shepherd’s assessment processes will be facilitated remotely using various online tools. The People and Culture Team in collaboration with hiring Managers will work with you to find the most convenient method to ensure your safety and wellbeing and that of our employees. We are not currently conducting face to face interviews/inductions. These processes will be completed online for those who are successful in securing a position with Good Shepherd.
We recognise the rich diversity of people across Australia. We are committed to ensuring that our team is reflective of the diverse community we serve and to supporting a culture of equity, inclusion and diversity.
Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand is a Child Safe employer. Employment is subject to satisfactory referee checks, a current employment working with Children Check, National Criminal History check and proof of the right to work in Australia.