Financial Capability & Intake Officer
About the role
We are recruiting Financial Capability & Intake Officers in QLD & WA
• Fixed term full time and casual positions until February 2022, with potential to extend
• Flexible working between 7am -7pm
• Remote working - all states, including regional areas are encouraged to apply
The Remote Telephone and Online team is made up of skilled professionals working closely to deliver a holistic, multi-channel model of support across economic wellbeing, family violence and family services that is person centred and linked into other community support services. This is a National team which has been built on a working from home module that will ensure that people who present with financial and personal disadvantage as a result of COVID 19 are supported and empowered to address immediate and longer term financial and personal risks and vulnerability.
As a Financial Capability Intake Officer, you receive and triage intake calls, show empathy and take a client-directed approach that empowers and supports a person to tell their story, enables you to identify disadvantage or trauma and ensures appropriate referral.
Some of your key responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
• As the initial point of client contact, you will be required to assess a person’s presenting financial, personal and any other relevant circumstances; provide information and options, agree and obtain client consent for referral
• Undertake high quality, trauma informed intake and assessment and provide initial support, consultation, triage and warm referral to internal or external services. Internally the person may be directed to a, Financial Counsellor, Social Worker, Family Violence Worker, and Family Support Worker. You may refer to external organisation where appropriate
• Collect and enter client information taken during intake into the relevant systems (including the loan origination system) or share information as appropriate
• Minimum requirements - Diploma in Financial Counselling; or Core Financial Capability units of the Diploma of Financial Counselling; or Diploma Community Services
• Experience in community service, financial counselling or financial capability service delivery
• Ability to communicate and demonstrate human rights, social and economic justice in practice
• Understanding of the Australian financial and credit system, including debt traps
• Demonstrated understanding of the community services system
• Skills in phone intake, assessment and triage
• A knowledge of referral options and the ability to make specialised referrals in response to identified client goals
• A satisfactory Police Check
• A current Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
How to apply
To apply please review the position description which can be found on our website and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with your CV to email@example.com. Personal data held by Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Please apply as soon as possible, applications are considered as they are received.
In line with the Government's COVID-19 health and safety requirements, all of Good Shepherd’s assessment processes will be facilitated remotely using various online tools. The People and Culture Team in collaboration with hiring Managers will work with you to find the most convenient method to ensure your safety and wellbeing and that of our employees. We are not currently conducting face to face interviews/inductions. These processes will be completed online for those who are successful in securing a position with Good Shepherd.
We recognise the rich diversity of people across Australia. We are committed to ensuring that our team is reflective of the diverse community we serve and to supporting a culture of equity, inclusion and diversity.
Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand is a Child Safe employer. Employment is subject to satisfactory referee checks, a current employment working with Children Check, National Criminal History check and proof of the right to work in Australia.